Flinders University has a firm commitment to privacy in accordance with the Australia Privacy Act (cth) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s) defined by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. This statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this site.
When you visit this site, our server logs may automatically log some or all of the following information:
- the type of browser and operating system you are using
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the address of the referring site (for example, the previous site that you visited)
- your server's IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the Internet: usually one of your service provider's machines)
- your computer's geographic location
- the date and time of your visit
- the address of the pages accessed and documents downloaded.
The website automatically collects personal information when you are browsing or using it. The various mechanisms used to collect this information include pixels, server logs, proxy logs and cookies.
A cookie is a piece of information that our web server sends to your computer when you visit our website. That cookie is stored on your computer and may provide information (such as your IP address) to our server to optimise your experience when you visit our website.
In addition to optimising website functionality cookies may be used by the University to track website usage patterns, analyse website traffic, personalise content and advertising and enable social media features.
Links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. Flinders University is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, please contact us.